There are just a few days left to have your say about some important proposals being put forward by the NHS in Hertfordshire.
Local people have until the end of Thursday 14 September to comment on plans to:
- reduce or stop funding for IVF and specialist fertility treatment, apart from in exceptional circumstances
- limit the prescribing of food supplements, medicines and products that can be bought ‘over the counter’ for short-term or minor conditions
- restrict the prescribing of gluten-free foods
- stop NHS funding for female sterilisation procedures
- tighten up existing rules so that people must give up smoking and become a healthy weight before they have non-urgent surgery
These proposals are designed to make best use of the money available to the local NHS in Hertfordshire, while helping as many people as possible to live healthier, longer lives and avoid preventable illnesses.
Dr Nicky Williams, local GP and Deputy Clinical Chair of East and North Hertfordshire CCG said: “Over the summer we’ve been out and about talking to local people about these proposals and hearing lots of different ideas about how the NHS should use its limited funds. We are very keen to hear from all sections of the community, as these proposals will affect most of us in some way, either directly, or through our families and friends.
“Please take a few minutes to complete our online questionnaire before the consultation closes. Paper copies of the survey are also still available to complete at our Welwyn Garden City offices – call 01707 685397 for more information about this. Please tell us what you think of our proposals and make sure you don’t miss your chance to have your views heard.”
The proposals are explained in full on the website: www.healthierfuture.org.uk/NHSLetsTalk where you will also find online surveys to complete.
Notes to Editors
- Led by local GPs, East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group plans, designs and buys health services for 580,000 people in Hertfordshire, and monitors the quality and effectiveness of those services.
- The NHS Let’s Talk consultation has been running since 6 July and will close at 23:59 on 14 September 2017.